YOUTH PARLIAMENT 2018
• Each Team shall consist of Two Members
• Registration fees will be Rs.100 per team
• Each Department shall consist of two teams
• Please read all instructions carefully before registration
• For any further enquiry please contact the number mentioned in the poster
SEATING OF THE PARLIAMENTARY MEMBERS
The lay-out of the Youth Parliament should resemble the lay-out of the Chamber of the Parliamentary bodies, Lok Sabha & Rajya Sabha, as far as possible.
Ruling party to sit on the right side of the chair.
Opposition and other alliances to sit on the left side of the chair
Both sides more or less will be equal in numbers
Both English and Hindi are allowed in all the proceedings
. While debating, only a particular language should be used i.e. during one speech, only one language can be used. Mixing of language will not be allowed.
• The following procedure shall take its course during the 1-day session of the Youth Parliament :
• National Anthem
• Oath of Speaker
• Statements from the members of the house
• Discussion Hour
• Question Hour
• Zero Hour
• Introduction of Bills
• Reading of Bills (discussion and amendments)
• Voting (simple majority)
• National anthem
OATH OF SPEAKER
A newly elected member of the House is required to make an Oath or affirmation at the commencement of a sitting of the House.
The prescribed form of Oath or affirmation is: "I........., having been elected (or nominated) a member of (Youth Parliament) House of the People do swear in the name of God/solemnly affirm that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India as by law established, that I will uphold the sovereignty and integrity of India and that I will faithfully discharge the duty upon which I am about to enter."