About the Department
Dr. Tersem Chand Bhagat
(Head, Department of Machanical Engineering)
The School of Mechanical Engineering was established in 2010 along with the university and with a short span of time developed into a very vibrant teaching-learning unit. Department of Mechanical Engineering has well qualified and committed faculty and staff who have great exposure to various top notch institutions like IIT Delhi and Industry to name few like General Motors and Ford Tractors. They always follow a holistic approach of teaching and aim at all round development of the students through their creative and unique teaching methods. They nurture the students’ analytic bent of mind by evaluating them continuously and guide them to grow into successful professionals in their future endeavors. The students are learning to conceive, design, develop, manufacture and operate machines and equipment to become great Mechanical Engineers. Mechanical engineering department is involved from simple repair of machines to design and develop sophisticated vehicles for hilly terrain, from a single file to CNC machines. No doubt Mechanical Engineering here is known to be evergreen branch of engineering.
1. With the application of Advanced Industrial Engineering (Industrial Engineering/Information Technology/Business Process Re-engineering) developed Desktop Expert System – “Strategic Management Business Solution” software for engineering institutions, that received a certificate of anteriority and Intellectual Property vide DEP 633941464221562500, copy-right in 163 countries for higher productivity. The concept is now developed to enhance productivity and growth of service industry. The present software improves the efficiency and effectiveness of educational institutions to a great extent.
2. Developed Shredder 1st version –Mountain Climber successfully and Shredder 2nd version is under progress. Bahra University has funded this entrepreneurship of students quite generously. Students are eager to develop technology thereby having dream to manufacture 10 Shredders per day in their own machine shop and assembly line.
3. Other group of students is developing Composite Material to house shredder for world –class safety and fuel economy.
4. Yet another group of students in association with our Workshop Superintendent S Ghanshyam Singh to develop technology on SOLAR ENERGY. The orders to supply Solar Panels /Power Conditioning Unit are already with the department.
|Course||Course Duration||Student Intake|
|B.Tech Mechanical||4 Years||60|
|B.Tech Automobile||4 Years||30|
|M.Tech in Mechainical Engineering||2 Years||18|
|1||Dr. Tersem Chand Bhagat||Professor||Ph.D|
|2||Vikas Ucharia||Assistant Professor||Pursuing Ph.D.,M.E,B.E.|
|3||Mohit Sharma||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, B.Tech|
|4||Rupinder Singh Kanwar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, B.Tech|
|5||Nishant Pathak||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, B.Tech|
|6||Nishant Sharma||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, B.Tech|
|7||Ghanshyam Garg||Assistant Professor||B.Tech|
|8||Ashish Sithta||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, B.Tech|
|9||Gautam Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, B.Tech|
|10||Ajay Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, B.Tech|
Technical Staff Details
|1||Ghanshyam Singh||Workshop Instructor.(M.E)||National Trade Certificate (Trade turner) NAC (Trade turner) CNC Technology (Turning & Milling centre)|
|2||Gurjeet Singh||Workshop Instructor.(M.E)||ITI Apprenticeship|
|3||Krishan Lal||Workshop Instructor.(M.E)||1 yr Certificate from ITI
2 yrs certificate in Apprentship
|4||Praveen Sharma||Workshop Instructor.(M.E)||one Year Diploma in ITI|
|5||Anil Kumar||1 yr Diploma in Welder Trade (ITI)|
|6||Balbir||Workshop Instructor.(M.E)||ITI in Trade Welder
Diploma in Production and Industrial Engg.
|7||Pankesh Dhiman||Workshop Instructor.(M.E)||B.Tech (ME)
Diploma in Auto Cad
|8||Prashant Chaudhary||Lab Tech||Pursuing AMIE,DiplomaAutomobile Engg.|
|9||Tarsem Kumar||Lab Tech||ITI in Automobile|
List of Labs
1. Mechanics of Solids
2. Fluid Mechanics
3. Heat Transfer
4. Computer Control of Machine
5. Prime Movers and Fluid Machines
6. Computer Aided Design and Drafting
7. Dynamics of Machines and Vibrations
8. Production Techniques
9. Internal Combustion Engines