Pre Arrival Information
Following things to be done before leaving the country:
- To reach Bahra University, you need to book your ticket from your Country to Chandigarh Airport / Delhi International Airport after getting a Valid Student Visa from Indian Embassy / High Commission.
Make sure that you bring following documents along with you:
- Original and Copy of eligibility certificates, mark sheet, transcripts (if not in English Language, please submit the translated copy along with originals) for verification.
- Original and Copy of Passport (National Identification Proof in case of Nepal and Bhutan).
- Original and copy of valid India Student Visa endorsed in the name of Bahra University. Student cannot join University on any other type of visa except a student visa. (Except Nepalese and Bhutanese students).
- Acceptance Letter issued by Bahra University at the time of reporting at University and Fee Receipts.
- 5 passport-sized photographs
- Make sure to inform International Student Division of University for one time Airport pickup at least two weeks prior to arrival and provide the complete details of flight. This service is for those who will arrive in August.
- You must make sure that you have taken all the required vaccinations like Covid-19 Vaccination, Yellow Fever, etc. to avoid medical complications while your stay in India.
- You can carry all your money in form of Travellers Cheques, which can be easily redeemed at the airport as well as a number of foreign exchange offices and banks or you can use International Debit / Credit Cards.
- Temperature ranges between 20 to 30 degree Celsius during summers and -4 to 10 degree Celsius during winters. Winter season will start around November-March so the warm material (blankets, quilts, woolens, etc.) must be brought accordingly.
- Reporting Date: Academic Session is scheduled to begin from August 2022. Students are required to report one week before beginning of session.